Monday, March 21, 2011

So, I broke my promise! Pictures haven't been posted, mostly because they are still in my camera, but that's another story. Life seems to be zooming by and I haven't had a chance to update my friends (mainly Ellie ;)) on these past few months. I promise (again) to post more on the girls but lately I have had something else on my mind, my relationship with God.

As the days come and go, I find myself craving things. Whether it be a new outfit or a new deck. My heart seems to be intent on desiring "stuff". This bothers me to no end because as soon as I get it another item seems to peak my interest. A never ending vicious circle it seems. So it's my prayer that my heart be filled with love and desire for the Lord. So much, that there is no room for the stuff that seems to clutter our lives, literally. I pray this for my children as well. While, they are not spoiled rotten, they have more than I did as a child and I pray that these things won't cloud their perspective.

On another note, with Easter approaching I also pray that we can hold on to the true meaning of the holiday. The girls and I made quick trip to Wal-Mart after church and already we were bombarded with bunnies and chocolate. While, there is nothing wrong with any of these things, where is Jesus is all of this? He DIED for us and then ROSE from the dead. How amazing is that!! More amazing than any bunny who comes bearing eggs and candy if you ask me.

Finally, since Ellie hasn't been on Facebook, she won't know that Madison lost her first tooth!! YAY for her. I thought I'd add that in there just incase :)

1 comment:

The MessyBlessyMomma said...

Yay Madison! Happy Tooth Loss! As for your struggles, I am right with you. We can do it together!