Thursday, March 24, 2011

Giddy-Up

One of the things I love most about Emma's preschool is all the extra events they host for the families. They started off the year with a family picnic at the school, in the fall it was trick-or-treat night and recently they hosted a rodeo day. They had pony rides, a petting zoo, various games for the kids to play and a great lunch. It's a great way to build a sense of community with the other families.

In honor of rodeo day, the kids were asked to make a hobby horse and dress western. I do not have a crafty bone in my body but I was determined to make my girl a horse. I came across this Hobby Horse Tutorial and went to work.



I think it came out somewhat cute. Then again, how can something look other than adorable next to Emma. (Pardon the fuzzy cell phone pic. As we've established, I suck at downloading my pictures from my digital camera)