Monday, November 10, 2008

The next Mia Hamm... let's rethink that


This past Saturday was Madison's first soccer game. Her and Molly joined together. Soccer was all she could talk about. Then came game day! My poor small child was playing a somewhat rough sport with older, bigger and tougher children. She did well, mainly stayed out of every ones way and just ran up and down the field. The soccer mom in me couldn't just let it be so I coached my daughter to be more aggressive and take the ball away. She cried after the first chin bump but was brave enough to go back in. Again, I encouraged her to get the ball and kick it to their side of the field. I could tell she was gaining confidence. Then a huge kid kicked the ball straight into her stomach and knocked the air out of her. Needless to say she was freaked out and didn't want to go back in. Who could blame her? Luckily, the fun outweighed her fear of the ball and she's once again looking forward to her next game. I'm so proud of her!

No comments: